One of the founding members of MFDD, Harold Funt brings more than 30 years of legal experience to the firm.
Hal is an experienced family and civil law litigator who is also a trained divorce and custody mediator. He is known for his ability to focus on the heart of difficult issues and offer fresh, practical solutions. Hal believes that families in conflict are better served if they can resolve their problems themselves with the assistance of legal counsel and/or through mediation. However, he possesses the skill, knowledge, and experience to successfully litigate cases through the court system if necessary. In his free time, Hal loves to spend time with his family, exercise, and read.
- Family Law – Litigation and Mediation
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District Court of New Jersey
Past Professional Experience
- Executive Director – Lehigh Valley Legal Services
- Juvenile Master – Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas
- Adjunct Professor – The Philadelphia Institute
- Adjunct Professor – Allentown College of St. Francis de Sales
- Adjunct Professor – Warren County Community College
- Lecturer – Continuing professional education seminars for topics including business valuations in divorce and child custody
- President – University of Pittsburgh Lehigh Valley Alumni Association
- Bethlehem Rotary Club – Member
- Kiwanis Club of Trexlertown – Past member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member of Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law, Civil Litigation and Employment Law Sections
- Bar Association of Lehigh County – President (2000) – Member Bench – Bar Committee – Member Past Presidents’ Committee – Past member of Board of Directors – Past chairperson of Lawyer Referral Committee
- Family Law Section of the Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Donald E. Wieand Barrister’s Inn of the Bar Association of Lehigh County – Past Team Chairperson
- Northampton County Bar Association – Past member of Civil Rules Committee
- Pennsylvania Legal Services Executive Director’s Association, past Chairperson
- Pennsylvania Legal Services Center, past member of Board of Directors
- Lehigh Valley Legal Services, past President and Vice President and member of Board of Directors
- Lehigh Valley Legal Services Center, past member of Board of Directors